Following a 20-plus-year career in advertising, in which she took on duties that included media buying and bookkeeping, Hope is finally getting paid to do the only thing she has ever wanted to do in life: write.
Hope began writing short stories and poems in fourth grade, when she realized there were no books being written that reflected her own imagination. (This was long before fan fiction became mainstream.) It’s entirely possible she is the only person who got excited over writing assignments in school and decided at a young age that she would write books for a living. Her parents, however, insisted that she go to college, and she earned a BA in English from Western Kentucky University. Since she hasn’t written a single book (thus far), getting a degree was probably a good backup plan.
As a lifelong reader, Hope is happiest digging into research and has a wealth of might-be-useful-someday knowledge stored away in her head. This comes in handy more often than you would think, especially when it comes to connecting all the dots in marketing for Motivating Systems.
- Her favorite board games are Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit.
- She believes in the Oxford Comma and the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Her household zoo consists of a dog, a turtle, a hamster, and more cats than is probably practical.
- As a (nerdy) child, she read the thesaurus for fun.
- She is an inveterate list-maker and planner and is a recovering perfectionist.
- As a member of the Big Blue Nation, she thinks that UK basketball is the only thing that makes winter bearable.