We are looking for an internal Systems Support Admin be our on-site jack-of-many-trades johnny-on-the-spot PC, Network, and Software support person.
We have a great team and great products… and we live and die partly by how well our computers, network, and other general software are operating. When any of these are not performing, it becomes difficult for us to provide great service to our customers.
The Systems Support Admin will have his/her hands in many things that help everyone else perform at their best. This person will be the first line of support for our employees when computers are struggling, the network is bulging, and any of our support tools are in need of tender loving care (or a swift kick). This person will need to learn how almost all of our software tools work and will be the primary internal support person to help make configuration changes and train people on how to use them.
This person will interact with all employees in the company. This person will also interact directly with our IT Support Provider (who provides managed services), our telecom provider(s), and many of our software vendors.
In short, this person will procure and set up the computers and system access for new team members, oversee the implementation of new software systems, and operate as a systems administrator.
This position works in our headquarters in Evansville, Indiana. Working remotely is not an option.
This is a fit for you if:
- You have experience supporting PCs in an office environment.
- You have experience in supporting small business networks.
- You are comfortable climbing under a desk to reach cables, outlets, etc.
- You have worked with many of the products in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams, etc.
- You can learn how to use new software systems and can help others understand how to use them.
- You can oversee the implementation of new enterprise software systems.
- You are a quick learner of all things technical.
- You are good at teaching others how to use computers and software.
- Most importantly, you love helping people.
Occasionally, we might ask you to:
- Research software products that may be useful to our team.
- Travel to remote locations to help with events or to help with a remote worker. There would be some overnights.
It would be extra awesome if:
- You have experience with managing Office 365 in a small business environment.
- You have experience with Active Directory.
- You have some experience with MacOS (every company has a person or two who uses a Mac… we are no exception… unfortunately).
- You can write small automation scripts in one or more scripting languages.
- You are A+ Certified.
What we offer you:
- A fun and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off, including 3 weeks of vacation for full-time staff
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) with a matching contribution