We are looking for an internal Systems Support Associate to be our internal PC, Network, and Software support person and to be the primary liason to our managed service provider.
We have a great team and great products… and we live and die partly by how well our computers, network, and other general software are operating. When any of these are not performing, it becomes difficult for us to provide great service to our customers.
The Systems Support Associate will have his/her hands in many things that help everyone else perform at their best. This person will be the first line of support for our employees when computers are struggling, the network is bulging, and any of our support tools are in need of tender loving care (or a swift kick). This person will need to learn how almost all of our software tools work and will be the primary internal support person to help make configuration changes and train people on how to use them.
This person will interact with all employees in the company. This person will also interact directly with our IT Support Provider (who provides managed services), our telecom provider(s), and many of our software vendors.
In short, this person will procure and set up the computers and system access for new team members, oversee the implementation of new software systems, and operate as a systems administrator.
This is a fit for you if:
- You have desktop support experience with Windows 10 Professional in a commercial setting within Microsoft 365.
- You have Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) administration experience.
- You have set up and managed Wi-Fi networks and understand security risks with Wi-Fi.
- You mistrust every email you receive that asks you to do something or click on a link…and you know how to determine if it is safe.
- You have some scripting experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python or you have PowerShell experience.
- You are detail-oriented, have excellent time management skills, and like working with others.
- You are a great researcher and learner.
- You are highly trustworthy. Your friends would describe you as a person of great integrity when you are not around.
It would be extra awesome if:
- You have previous work experience in a managed computer services role.
- You have networking experience.
- You have some experience supporting or working with MacOS.
- You have a 2-year college degree, a 4-year college degree, or successfully served in the military and were honorably discharged.
- You have some technology certificates such as CompTIA Security+.
- You can work out of our office in Evansville, Indiana…although some of the work may be WFH.
Occasionally, we might ask you to:
- Research software products that may be useful to our team.
- Attend conferences and trainings to further your understanding of your duties.
- Travel to remote locations to help with events or to help with a remote worker. There would be some overnights in the course of the year.
In this role you will:
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Be the primary liaison between our company and our managed services provider.
- Be the first line of support when one of our employees has computer issues.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all our personal computer systems are in excellent working order, have all updates applied, and are properly protected from malware and viruses.
- Train users on security protocols and procedures and regularly validate that all users are following procedures by reviewing logs and configuration settings.
- Be responsible for the operation of our building security system.
- Learn about and take responsibility for some of the automation that happens between systems including Microsoft 365, Salesforce, and other systems. This is where some scripting experience is helpful and desired.
What we offer you:
- A fun and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off, including 3 weeks of vacation for full-time staff
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) with a matching contribution